“Optimal Nutrition Is Patty’s Passion for All”
Patty’s fascination with healthy eating and exercise dates back to her childhood with her family on the beautiful and enchanting bayous of South Louisiana. Like the title of one of her favorite songs, Patty was actually “born on the bayou.” Her family enjoyed fishing and growing their own vegetables. These were the sources for the family’s daily meals. In high school, Patty convinced her friends to eat her mom’s freshly cooked vegetables. It worked, as her friends grew to love cooked veggies, while jokingly nicknaming Patty “The Green Bean Queen” and “Citrus Royalty.” Patty found it rewarding to have such a healthy influence on her friends by motivating them to eat healthy and exercise. Patty’s commitment to healthy eating and exercise grew throughout the years. She was inspired to learn more about nutrition and studied all aspects of the field in college at Tulane University. Patty realized that she wanted to work in a profession where she could help improve people’s lives. And that’s exactly what her company, Sugar Land Nutrition, does for each client. Today, she is in private practice full-time, providing nutritional counseling to both adults and adolescents.
As a Sugar Land Dietitian, Patty specializes in weight loss and weight management, sports dietetics and offers nutritional counseling in other areas such as women’s health, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and prenatal health, wellness nutrition, healthy aging, heart disease, diabetes management, and eating disorders. Patty earned her Bachelor of Science in Dietetics from Nicholls State University in Thibodaux, Louisiana, and her Master of Public Health and her dietetic internship from Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana. She is also certified in adult weight management and sports specialty dietetics with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. She has owned Sugar Land Nutrition for 13 years, a nutritional counseling service now based in the ComericA bank building (Sugar Creek) in Sugar Land, Texas.
(Sugar Land Dietitian) Patty’s Credentials and Certifications that have assisted with helping her clients
- BS Dietetics, Nicholls State University
- Master Public Health, Tulane University
- Dietetic Internship, Tulane University
- Registered Dietitian
- Licensed Nutritionist
- Certified in Adult Weight Management through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Certified in Sports Specialty Dietetics through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Memberships and Associations
- Active Member of Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Houston Area Dietetic Association (HADA)
- Texas Dietetic Association (TDA)
- Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutritionist (SCAN) Practice Group (DPG)
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs DPG
- Weight Management Support Group DPG
- Toast Masters International
- Fort Bend Chamber of Commerce
- Sugar Land Rotarian