Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs Salmon Fillet (skinless, cut into 1/2-inch chunks)
- 3/4 cup Cilantro (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsps Ginger (peeled and finely grated)
- 2 tbsps Coconut Aminos
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 3 tbsps Avocado Oil
- Add the salmon to the bowl of a food processor (including the blade) and place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl combine the cilantro, ginger, coconut aminos, sesame oil and lime juice. Set aside.
- Remove the food processor bowl from the freezer. Pulse the salmon 4 to 5 times until finely chopped but not a puree. Fold the chopped salmon into the cilantro and ginger mixture.
- Form the mixture into patties. If it is too wet, refrigerate for 20 minutes to stiffen before forming into patties.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Cook the salmon burgers for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through and firm to the touch. Serve immediately and enjoy.
ACTUAL NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER SERVING (serves 6): 252 calories, 23g protein, 2g carb, 1g sugar, 16g fat, 140 mg sodium
Recipe adapted from That Clean Life