You will love twirling your fork right into this tasty dish. Traditional spaghetti carbonara per serving has about 72 grams of carbs compared to this zoodle noodle recipes, which has only 14 grams of carbs! This is a good recipe if you are watching your carbs! Made with Chicken breast, organic bacon, cashews, onions, mushrooms, zucchini noodles, unsweetened almond milk, garlic and parsley. This recipe tastes just as rich, silky, and decadent as traditional carbonara but is much healthier. And, since this recipe pairs really well with white wine , you can still have a glass while keeping your carb intake on the down low.
- 1/4 cup Cashews
- 2 2/3 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 10 2/3 ozs Chicken Breast (cubed)
- 3 slices Organic Bacon, Cooked (chopped)
- 2/3 White Onion (diced)
- 1 1/3 cups Mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 2/3 Zucchini (medium, spiralized into noodles)
- 2 2/3 tbsps Nutritional Yeast
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 1/3 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1 1/3 tbsps Arrowroot Powder
- 1 1/3 tsps Sea Salt
- 1 1/3 tbsps Parsley (chopped)
- Boil enough water to cover the cashews. Pour the water over the cashews and allow them to soak while you prepare the meat.
- In a pan over medium heat, add half of the oil. Once heated, add the chicken breast and bacon and cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until cooked through. Discard the fat and set the bacon and chicken aside.
- To the same pan, add the remaining oil, along with the onions and mushrooms. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft.
- While the mushrooms and onions are cooking, prepare the sauce. Drain the cashews and add them to a blender along with the nutritional yeast, almond milk, garlic, arrowroot powder and sea salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- In the same pan as the onions and mushrooms, add the zucchini noodles, chopped chicken and bacon. Pour the sauce into the pan and mix well to combine. Keep everything in the pan until it is warmed through.
- Divide between bowls and top with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Amount per serving
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 15g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 27g
- Cholesterol 61mg
- Sodium 999mg
Recipe Source: That Clean Life