Since this recipe is made with orzo, a whole grain pasta, it’s healthier for you as oppose to other pastas. This makes orzo a more nutritious option, especially when it’s combined with healthy foods, like vegetables and lean proteins. Enjoy!
Makes 4 Servings, takes ~40 minutes
- 1 cup Orzo (dry)
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Shallot (minced)
- 2 cups Chicken Broth, Low Sodium
- 3/4 cup Canned Coconut Milk (full fat)
- 2 tbsps Lemon Juice
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- 1 1/3 lbs Chicken Thighs (boneless, skinless)
- 2 cups Broccoli (chopped into florets)
- 2 tbsps Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp Cilantro (chopped)
- In a large pot, over medium heat, toast the orzo for about 30 seconds, stirring frequently until it is very light brown.
- Add the oil and shallot and stir it all together with the orzo. Add the broth, coconut milk, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken thighs and broccoli all around the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parmesan and cilantro and enjoy!
Total Calories: 455