- 1 1/2 tsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced and divided)
- 1/2 cup Red Onion (diced and divided)
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Chicken
- 1/2 cup Black Olives (chopped and divded)
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese (crumbled and divided)
- 1/2 Cucumber (diced)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 4 cups Mixed Greens
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add half of the red pepper and half of the red onion to the skillet.
- Saute for about 5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add baby spinach and stir just until wilted. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Add almond flour, ground chicken, half of the black olives and half of the feta cheese to the mixing bowl. Now add in your sauteed vegetables. Mix well.
- Form the mixture into even patties and place on a baking sheet. Transfer to the fridge until ready to grill.
- Meanwhile, create your greek salsa in a bowl by combining the remaining red pepper, red onion, black olives, feta cheese and cucumber. Drizzle with a splash of extra virgin olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Preheat grill over medium heat. Transfer burgers onto grill and cook for about 7 to 8 minutes per side or until burger is cooked through. Remove from grill.
- Plate burger over a bed of greens and top with your chopped greek salsa. Enjoy!
ACTUAL NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER SERVING (serves 6): Calories: 295, Protein: 21g, Carbs: 10 g, Fiber: 4 g, Net carbs: 6 g, Fat: 21 g , Sodium: 299 mg, Vitamin A: 261 mg, Vitamin C: 35 mg, Calcium: 157 mg, Iron: 3 mg
Cooking time: 45 Minutes
This recipe is adapted from That Clean Life