This high fiber & protein vegan recipe is so easy and quick to prepare and it’s super yummy. Leftovers are great for lunch the next day, which can be served cold or hot. It’s loaded with so many fiber- rich vegetables: edamame, arugula, tomatoes, broccoli, shredded carrots and mini peppers. To give it an extra kick, you can add red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese for extra flavor. You can sub out for whatever spices or ingredients you have on hand. Any other pasta will do, but I prefer chickpea pasta.
- 8.8 ozs Chickpea Rotini Pasta (dry), 1 box ~8.8 oz
- 2 1/2 cups Frozen Shelled Edamame
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 2 cups Arugula
- 1/2 cup of Chopped Broccoli
- 1/4 cup of Shredded Carrots
- 1/4 cup of Diced Mini Peppers
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2/3 cup Hummus
- 2 tsps Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Step One: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the chickpea pasta according to package directions. During the last two minutes, add the frozen edamame and reserve some of the pasta water. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Step Two: In the same pot over medium heat, add the oil followed by the tomatoes, arugula, chopped broccoli, shredded carrots, diced min peppers and lemon juice and heat through. Add the pasta and edamame into the pot and stir in the hummus. Add the pasta water one small splash at a time and stir until your desired consistency is reached. Divide onto plates and top with everything bagel seasoning, salt, and pepper. Enjoy! Recipe adapted from That Clean Life.
Amount per serving:
Net Carbs: 34g
Sodium: 354 mg