Serves 6 Takes: 45 Minutes
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced and divided)
- 1/2 cup Red Onion (diced and divided)
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Chicken
- 1/2 cup Black Olives (chopped and divded)
- 1/2 cup Goat Cheese (crumbled and divided)
- 1/2 Cucumber (diced)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 4 cups Mixed Greens
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add half of the red pepper and half of the red onion to the skillet. Saute for about 5 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add baby spinach and stir just until wilted. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Add almond flour, ground chicken, half of the black olives and half of the goat cheese to the mixing bowl. Now add in your sauteed vegetables. Mix well. Form the mixture into even patties and place on a baking sheet. Transfer to the fridge until ready to grill.
- Meanwhile, create your Mediterranean salsa in a bowl by combining the remaining red pepper, red onion, black olives, goat cheese and cucumber. Drizzle with a splash of extra virgin olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Preheat grill over medium heat. Transfer burgers onto grill and cook for about 7 to 8 minutes per side or until burger is cooked through. Remove from grill.
- Plate burger over a bed of greens and top with your chopped greek salsa. Enjoy!