I consider my flatbread pizza made with a low carb, high fiber tortilla and fresh ingredients to be a great alternative to regular traditional pizza and it can be a part of a healthy, balanced diet.
Making your own homemade flatbread pizza is a great option because you can control everything that goes into it by using fresh, whole ingredients and a lower carb, high fiber pizza crust options, such as Mission Carb Balance or Xtreme Wellness tortillas to boost tremendous fiber into a fun food. It’s a win, win!
This recipe has 15 grams of fat, 16 grams of fiber, 6 grams of net carbs and 35 grams of protein.
- 1 Mission Carb Balance Sundried Tomato Basil Tortilla
- 1 tbsp Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- 1 1/2 ozs Mozzarella Cheese (shredded, divided)
- 1/4 cup Artichoke Hearts (from the can, drained, sliced)
- 1 3/4 tbsps Black Olives (pitted, sliced)
- 1 tbsp Parsley (chopped)
- 3 ozs Shrimp, Cooked (Cooked
- Preheat the oven to 475ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Once preheated, put the whole wheat tortilla on the baking sheet.
- Spread the pesto evenly over the tortilla. Top with half the mozzarella, artichokes, chicken and olives. Then add the remaining mozzarella. Add Italian seasoning.
- Place in the oven and bake for eight to 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the crust is crispy. Cut into slices, sprinkle with parsley, and enjoy!
Total Calories: 341
- Fat: 14 grams
- Carbs; 22 grams
- Fiber: 16 grams
- Net Carbs: 6 grams
- Protein: 35 grams