Shrimp & Goat-Cheese Quesadillas
These Mediterranean styled quesadillas are my husband’s favorite. They are loaded with fiber and every ingredient is fresh. Delicious healthy sides to go with these quesadillas: plain Greek yogurt, Guacamole and salsa. The original recipe is by Joanne Lusted adapted from the Clean Eating Magazine.
Hands-on time: 9 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 16 oz frozen cooked shrimp (peeled and deveined, tail off), thawed, drained and coarsely chopped (about 1 ½ cup cooked)
- 8 oz goat cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- 1 red peppers, diced and roasted with cooking spray
- 1/2 cup jarred sliced green olives, drained
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 package of Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Tortillas- FAJITA)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- In a medium bowl, mix shrimp, cheese, roasted peppers, olives and basil. Lay tortillas out in a single layer on a flat surface. Scoop quarter of shrimp mixture into center of each tortilla. Fold tortilla over filling into a half-moon shape, pressing gently to flatten filling evenly inside tortilla.
- Place tortillas on a parchment-lined baking tray. Brush tops of each tortilla with 1/2 tsp oil and sprinkle with black pepper. Bake for 6 minutes, until quesadillas are golden brown. Remove from oven and let rest for 1 to 2 minutes. Cut each quesadilla in half and serve immediately.
Nutrients per quesadilla (2 halves): Calories: 246, Total Fat: 12 g, Sat. Fat: 5 g, Carbs: 16 g, Fiber: 11 g, Net carbs: 5, Sugars: >1 g, Protein: 16 g, Sodium: 577 mg, Cholesterol: 98 mg