Recipe Serves 4
- 9 ozs Chickpea Pasta
- 1 pound of Shrimp (large, peeled, deveined)
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic (cloves, chopped)
- 2 cups Crushed Tomatoes (from the can)
- 2 tbsps Capers
- 2 tbsps Pitted Kalamata Olives (chopped)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper, Tony Chachere’s (to taste)
- 1/4 cup Parsley (chopped)
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain and set aside.
- Pat the shrimp dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat a dutch oven over medium-low heat. Once warm, add the oil.
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add the shrimp and cook for about two minutes per side, until bright pink and cooked through.
- Remove the shrimp with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the tomatoes with their juices, capers, and olives to the pot and bring to a low simmer.
- Cook for about five to eight minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat, add the pasta and the shrimp back in and toss to combine.
- Top with parsley and enjoy!
ACTUAL NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER SERVING: 397 calories, 29g protein, 48g carb, 12g fiber, 20g net carb, 36g sugar, 13g fat, 2g sat fat, 1082mg sodium