This recipe is a great Mexican meal makeover. It’s delicious and healthy too! You can also add sides to this dish, such as sliced avocado, plain Greek yogurt and tortilla chips to get the real feel of a Mexican meal. Enjoy y’all!
Recipes serves 6
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 4 stalks Green Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 tsp Cumin (ground)
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Cup of Sliced Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Frozen Corn (thawed)
- 1/2 cup Black Beans (cooked, from the can)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 2 1/2 cups Organic Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Organic Salsa
- 2 cups Chickpea Pasta Shells (dry, uncooked)
- Heat oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat. Add the beef, and break it up with a wooden spoon or spatula as it cooks. Once it is cooked through and no longer pink, drain any excess drippings.
- Add onions and garlic to the pan with the beef and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add cumin, chili powder, salt, diced tomato, corn, black beans and bell pepper to the pot and stir to incorporate with the meat. Cook the vegetables for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, salsa and pasta. Bring everything to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Let simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until pasta is cooked through and tender. Stir every 3 to 4 minutes as it cooks, to ensure the pasta isn’t sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat, divide into bowls and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from That Clean Life