This soup is AMAZING! You can add a little bit of almond milk as well to make it creamier. And to boost the flavor and to give it a more cheesier taste, you can also add some nutritional yeast, which will add extra protein and fiber to it as well.
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 Sweet Onion (chopped)
- 1 Carrot (chopped)
- 3 stalks Celery (chopped)
- 5 cups Broccoli (chopped, incl. stalks)
- 5 cups Water
- 1 Cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1/2 tsp of Tony Chachere’s (optional)
- 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Cashews
- 2 cups Green Lentils (cooked, drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups Baby Spinach (packed)
- Throw your chopped onion, carrot, celery and broccoli in a large pot. Pour in water and add the dried basil and sea salt. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover the pot and reduce to a simmer. Let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- In a blender, create your cashew cream by blending together 1 cup of cashews with 1 cup water. (If you alter the serving size, just keep the cashew to water ratio 1:1.) Pour the cashew cream in with your veggies and stir. Now add your green lentils and stir again.
- Add the spinach, nutritional yeast and 1 cup of almond milk to the soup mixture. Then blend soup mixture to a puree with an emergent blender. Voila!! It’s done and ready to be served into bowls. Enjoy!