Carrot, Cauliflower, Fresh Ginger Soup
This soup is packed with vegetables and has 8g of fiber per serving. If you want it spicy, you can kick the heat up a notch by adding a dash of cayenne pepper. This soup also freezes well and thaws out easily. Adapted From: F-Factor diet
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 4 large cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1/4 tbsp ginger powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 4 cups all-natural chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 lbs carrots — you can use a bag of peeled baby carrots peeled and chopped into 1/2
- 1 head cauliflower about 2 pounds, trimmed and broken into small florets
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- Chopped fresh Italian parsley or scallions for garnish
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, and cook, stirring occasionally until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
Add the garlic and spices and cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add broth and water.
Cover, increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Add carrots and cauliflower.
Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer until carrots and cauliflower are very tender, about 35 minutes.
Remove from heat. Using an immersion blender, puree soup carefully until smooth. Alternately, puree small batches in a blender, then return to pot.
Add salt and pepper, stir to combine.
Ladle into bowls and serve with chopped parsley and sea salt and pepper to taste.
Per serving: Calories: 144; Total Fat: 4g; Saturated Fat: .9g; Monounsaturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 190mg; Carbohydrate: 24g; net Carb: 17g; Dietary Fiber: 7g; Protein: 8g