Whole-wheat couscous tossed with pine nuts, yellow peppers, green onions and sweet nectarines served with eggs over easy makes this dish a delicious, satisfying breakfast.
Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Note: Use 1 package of Middle Eastern Couscous and follow directions
- 1 package of Middle Eastern brand whole-wheat couscous
- 1 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 oz pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup diced nectarine
- Avocado cooking spray
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 1/4 cup of water to boil with 1 tsp of olive oil. Stir in couscous and remove from heat.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and stir in onions, bell pepper, nuts, nectarine and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Note: If you don’t have all these ingredients on hand, you can make it your own by adding other vegetables and fruits you have available, such as diced apples, pears and nuts.
- After couscous is prepared, prepare your eggs over easy style in a skillet with avocado cooking spray, then serve!