This Mexican Chicken Caesar salad is a very simply salad to make. It’s creamy and tangy and everything you love about Mexican food. Though, it’s lighter in calories if that’s what you are going for. As we know, a Caesar salad is usually made up of romaine lettuce and croutons and a salad dressing made with lemon juice (or lime juice), olive oil, egg, Worcestershire sauce, anchovies, garlic, Dijon mustard, Parmesan cheese, and black pepper. In this Mexican Caesar salad, the croutons are replaced with tortilla strips and sliced chicken breast, corn and black beans are added to the salad to give it the Mexican food taste. I hope you like this recipe, I have plenty more.
- Total:40 mins
- Prep:20 mins
- Cook:20 mins
- Servings:8 servings
Ingredients for dressing:
- 1 egg yolk (from coddled eggs; see procedure below)
- 1 large garlic cloves
- 1 whole anchovy fillets
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup lime or lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon water (cold)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- salt to taste
How to poach the egg:
- Place 1 room temperature egg in a small saucepan
- Pour in boiling water until the egg is covered.
- Leave for 1 minute, then drain and run under cold water until the egg is cool enough to be handled.
- When cool, separate the egg and reserve the yolk.
Directions for dressing:
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a blender, along with the egg yolk.
- Blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate until needed.
Ingredients for salad:
- 3 chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon of chicken fajita seasoning
- 4 stalks of romaine lettuce, rinse, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup of black beans
- 1/2 cup of corn ( fresh or frozen)
- corn tortilla strips for garish
- salt and pepper to taste
Directions for salad:
- marinate chicken breast with avocado oil and fajita seasoning and let sit for 20 minutes
- grill chicken breast in a skillet for 7-10 minutes on each side, then set aside and slice once it’s cooled.
- toss romaine lettuce with the Caesar salad dressing, then add black beans and corn and divide salad into portions
- top salad with the grilled, sliced chicken and garish with corn tortilla strips