This recipe is so tasty + easy to make! The roasted vegetables give the soup a real deep, rich flavor! It’s savory and sweet and goes perfect with a grilled cheese sandwich on a sweater weather day.
Note: This tomato soup is packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and plant compounds (lycopene, flavonoids, vitamins C and E, and other antioxidants) that offer a wide range of health benefits.
This recipe serves 4
- 7 Tomato (sliced into quarters)
- 2 Sweet Onion (coarsley chopped)
- 4 Garlic (cloves, peeled)
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 tbsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Basil Leaves (chopped)
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
Add Chopped Baby Spinach (for garish)
- Preheat the oven to 410ºF (210ºC). Toss your tomatoes, onion and garlic cloves in olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper. Place on large parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
- In the meantime, add your vegetable broth, thyme, oregano, cayenne pepper, basil leaves and apple cider vinegar to a large stock pot. When your veggies are done roasting also add them to your stock pot. Stir in almond milk.
- Use an emergent blender to pureed mixture. Or transfer mixture to blender and blend in batches until pureed.
- Note: If you use a blender to puree mixture, please leave a place for the steam to escape to avoid the lid bursting off during blending.
- Serve topped with chopped spinach and a slice of bread for dipping. Use low carb, Keto bread if you are counting carbs.