Poached chicken can eaten by itself or can be used on anything – wraps, salad, sandwiches, pizza, etc. And yes, you can add a ginger & scallion sauce since poached chicken by itself is just not that sexy. 😂
Recipe makes 4
- 1 1/4 lbs Chicken Breast (skinless, boneless)
- 8 cups Water
- 2 Yellow Onion (medium, diced)
- 1/4 cup Ginger (chopped into florets)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 2 Lemon
- 2 Garlic
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
- 4 Bay Leaf
- 2 Carrot
- 1. Take chicken out of fridge and leave on counter for 30 minutes (to bring to room temp).
- 2. Bring pot of water to boil w added ginger, onion, cilantro, carrots, lemon, bay leaf, garlic, salt and pepper to a boil. Make sure there is enough water to submerge the chicken by 1-2 inches.
- 3. Add chicken breast and bring water back to a boil.
- 4. Once pot is boiling again, remove from heat. Cover pot with lid and let chicken sit for 30 minutes.
- 5. Drain water. Remove chicken from pot – salt and pepper chicken. But let chicken come to rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Total Calories: 217
- Total Calories: 217
- Fat: 4g
- Carbs: 12g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 7g
- Protein; 33g
- Sodium: 94g