Takes 50 Minutes
Next to salmon, tuna steak is my next best fish to cook. With this recipe all you have to do is put the ingredients altogether and let the tuna steaks marinade for 30 minutes, then grill them or sear them in a skillet over medium-high heat or broil them in the oven at 400 degrees.
This tuna steak marinade recipe is simple to make, made with evoo oil, honey, garlic, cumin, parsley, ginger, lemon juice and orange juice.
- 4 Tuna Steaks
- Olive oil – Evoo (extra virgin olive oil) 1 tablespoon
- Honey ~1 tsp
- Minced Garlic ~1 tablespoon
- Minced Ginger
- Cilantro ~1/4 cup chopped
- Parsley~1/4 cup chopped
- Salt and coarsely cracked black pepper
- Cumin~1 tsp
- Smoked Paprika ~1/2 tsp
- Lemon Juice ~half a lemon
- Orange Juice ~half an orange
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients and whisk vigorously.
- Next, place the tuna steaks in a gallon Ziploc bag, then, pour in the marinade toss to coat the tuna steaks, and press out the excess air and seal. (Alternately, you can put the tuna steaks in a bowl, add the marinade, toss, cover and let marinade in the bowl.)
- Transfer the tuna steak marinade to the fridge and chill for 30 minutes.
- Take the tuna steak out of the fridge and put it on the grill, cooking for 6-8 minutes on each side, or till the tuna is easily flaked with a fork and the center of the tuna steak is just barely pink. (The internal temperature of the tuna steak should read 90-95 degrees when done.) If you don’t want to grill the steaks, you can sear them in a skillet over medium-high heat or broil them in the oven at 400 degrees.
Recipe adapted from : Crème De La Crumb